Canon IJM685 is a white, PET cling film with a semi matt finish. The cling adhesion allows for removal without residue.
- Ideal for window decoration, displays and advertising
- Adheres to flat glossy surfaces without adhesive
- Bright white semi-matt finish
- Easy to remove, without residue
- Can be re-used and repositioned
- Short drying time
- 190mic including liner, 90mic film thickness
- Suitable for solvent, latex and UV based inks
|Solvent, Latex & UV
|PET Static Cling Film
|190 Micron with liner, 90 micron film
|Static Self-Adhesive (no glue)
The coating of IJM683 is specially developed for inkjet printers using solvent and mild/eco solvent-based inks.
It is recommended to handle the media with cotton gloves. Make sure that the media does not come into contact with grease, oil, silicon, and dirt to avoid printing defects. It is recommended to calibrate the printer before printing and to make a test print. Canon media profiles include recommended ink restrictions and printer parameters. Depending on environment and application, printer parameters may have to be adjusted slightly in order to obtain the best results.
It is recommended to make a suitable trial application prior to actual use. Essential for a good application is the total vacuum between the print and the surface. Clean the mounting surface before applying. Do not use cleaning liquids containing alcohol.
The film may be applied with wet floating method: - Clean carefully the application surface from dust and other contamination. Do not use cleaning liquids containing alcohol.
- Wet the application surface using a mixture of water and some drops of dishwashing detergent.
- Tear off the backing paper and smooth the print into position before the solution dries. -
- Remove any air bubbles and solution by pressure with a squeegee or rubber roller, beginning at the top edge. -
- Re-squeegee the print with firm overlapping strokes from the centre outward toward each edge to ensure airtight bond. -
- Dry entire area with a wash-leather or a clean cloth. - The print can be easily removed.
The film can be reused if its surface is kept clean. The minimum application temperature is +10 °C for solvent prints and +20 °C for prints with UV curable inks. When applying to window glass follow the guidelines below in order to prevent broken glass. - The film applied to the glass should not be too big: max 30% of the window glass covered by the film. - The print on the film should contain only bright and transparent ink/colors. - Dark, full surfaces, such as thick black borders or bars should be avoided. - Only use smooth ink transitions in the design of the print. - Limit the exposure to direct sunlight.